The Wasp controller is a perfect match for the GEARS competition motor, or for any high performance application.
These light-weight, high performance Wasp's are perfect for powering brushed DC motors with continuous outputs in the 100-200 Watt range.
|Voltage Range:||6V-24V (28V absolute max)|
|Current:||10A cont. at 100% duty cycle|
|9A cont. at 70%|
|30A - 5 second peak|
|Over-Current and Over-Temp Protection:||Built-in|
|Input Voltage:||2.5 V - 5.5 V = logic high|
|Levels:||RC Standard Connection|
|Size:||0.65" x 1.85" x 0.44"|
|Weight:||9 gm with RC lead|
|Mounting:||1x - 4-40 or M2.5 size hole|
Your actual current capacity will vary based on the type of load, the length and size of wires, power supply capability and other factors.Features Include:
- Size: .65” x 1.85” x .44”
- Weight: 9.0 grams with servo lead installed
- Standard R/C pulse format
- Calibrate function to match unit to radio signal range. Settings retained in EEPROM non-volatile storage.
- 6.5V to 28V battery voltage (>20V requires an external 5V supply)
- Fully reversible H-bridge design. Equal power handling in both directions
- 10A continuous, 30A peak current
- Full current limiting and over temp limiting.
- Limit switch inputs to stop motion in one direction when closed. Motion is allowed in the other direction.
- Indicator LED for speed and direction of motor
- Status LED status information and mode indications
- Receiver battery eliminator circuit (BEC) standard – may be disabled. This can provide up to 100 mA of current at 5V to the RC receiver and other attached electronic circuits. (Must be de-rated for input voltage above 16V)
- Failsafe shuts off motor if R/C signal is lost
- FLASH-based microcontroller with upgradeable software via in-circuit programming header
- Ceramic oscillator (crystal) for stable operation at all temperatures
- Optional 4 position screw terminal may be user soldered to top or bottom of PCB for easy removal of battery and motor wires
- Capable of supporting I2C or serial command streams. Not supported by stock R/C software but user may replace the stock code if desired. Contact us if you would like to discuss custom software for your application.
XIPMod High-Current Dual Motor Module
High-Current Dual Motor Module
This dual 30-amp motor driver offers full linear speed control, R/C input, and current sensing capability for powerful DC motor robots. It adds high-current DC motor and solenoid control to projects built with the XIPMods system. The HCM Module can control up to two DC motors and up to two solenoids at a time. The unit's motor driver circuits are rated for up to 10 amps of continuous current and 30 amps peak current. The solenoid drivers are rated for 500 milliamps continuous current.
The HCM Module offers two modes of operation: radio control (R/C) and autonomous. In R/C mode, the HCM Module can be directly controlled using a standard hobby R/C transmitter and receiver. A Master Module is not needed for R/C operation. In autonomous mode, you program the Master Module to send commands to the HCM Module. In this way, the motors and solenoids can respond autonomously to inputs such as distance sensor values.What's Included
- DC motor module board
- External cooling fan
- Fan mounting hardware
- Protective cover
- Nylon standoffs (4)
- Nylon nuts (4)
- Nylon bolts (4)
- RJ-25 connector cable
- RC cables (4)
- Solenoid cables (2)