Heavy Metal Chassis-Lite
Heavy Metal Chassis-Lite employs a belt drive system. It is easy to assemble, which allows more time for programming and integrating sensors and accessories. It is ideal for task oriented robot competitions. Three wheels give it maximum maneuverability. The HMC-Lite uses the same rugged components as the standard HMC.
- 3/8" diameter 4" long steel axles with keyslot
- 3/8" wide x 48 Tooth XL Timing Belts
- Two 4" diameter rubber caster wheels standard
- Two Efficient 7-12V all steel gearhead motors develop maximum torque while drawing the lowest current (2 amp current draw produces 150 oz-in at @300 RPM: Torque constant = @75 oz-in/amp continuous rating!)
- Self aligning 3/8" flanged bronze bearings
- All aluminum structural metal sets (0.090" 5052 and 6061-T6 Alloys)
HMC-Lite allows for easy integration of your own controllers. Its open platform accepts your choice of control systems from Standard RC, Spektrum, VEX, NXT, Basic Stamp, C Stamp, BEST Brain, or the XIPMod Robot Control System pictured at the right.
HMC-Lite With Optional Battery and XIPMod Controls